Monday, August 22, 2011

"Supermassive Black Hole"

Muse - Supermassive Black Hole (2006)



This is, I think, the first of these reviews to feature a song I have heard the original group perform it live. Muse opened for My Chemical Romance on The Black Parade tour and I saw them in MD. I don't remember too much, I was sick as a dog and shouldn't have been there, but I'm glad I went.
This song has a very 70s garage sound to it before the vocals kick in. It's the fuzz guitar effects, get me every time. Bellamy's voice is almost unmistakable, and the harmonies the rest of the bad brings make this song really unique when played over this music track. I could try to compare it to Goodbye Yellow Brick Road era Elton John playing with Black Sabbath, but that's not right, and is an oversimplification. The drums sound a little perfect, like a drum machine, but overall the song is a success for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment