Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"Professional Widow (Armand's Star Trunk Funkin' Mix)"

Tori Amos - Professional Widow (Armand's Star Trunk Funkin' Mix) (1996)

Honey bring it close to my lips...



DJ Armand Van Helden retains only two lines from this Tori Amos song in making his dance version. I just don't understand the appeal. The bass line is reminiscent of 70's era funky soul, which is great, but it never stops. The drum machine only knows two measures, and aside from spacey electronic sounds that is it. I've broken down the entire song for you. OK, not entirely, there is a interlude in the middle; echo effects over a verse mentioning Judas and Muhammad Ali, then right back to the dance.

Dance music is just not my thing, I'm going to have to make some sooner or later just so I can understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment