Saturday, December 17, 2011

"Fuck the Pain Away"

Peaches - Fuck the Pain Away (2000)

Our third song in the Electroclash genre. I'd never heard of it before this book.



Yeah, this isn't my thing. It's not bad, just repetitive and doesn't really have a melody in the music. Lots of cymbals, bass drum, and synth bass. Lyrically Peaches does some fun things, referencing stay in school (she was a teacher before becoming a performer) in the same line as birth control, and dropping references to Blondie and Chrissie Hynde. Musically it is early Electroclash, and I find that I like the other two examples better. This is just too striped down for me. Reminds me of early Hip-Hop with the simple beats and clever rhymes but this came out in 2000 not 1980. Once again we find that a dance song and I don't really mesh, but at least I can say I get this one, it's just not my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment